- December 29, 2018
- Posted by: Simon Price
- Category: Cryptocurrency News, Featured
While the vast majority of the cryptocurrency industry has been both chaos and turmoil in 2018, there is a hidden gem which has bucked the bearish trend. The project is Turtle Network, which forged its first ever block in April ’18 and managed to increase its market cap substantially and perform over one million transactions in under 8 months.
But you would never know any of this, because almost everything Turtle Network has done until now has been a quiet, grassroots effort. There are no paid employees, everyone who works on the project is either a volunteer or helping in exchange for bounties.
What is Turtle Network?
“It’s an open, trusted, secure and distributed Blockchain Network for everyone with a build-in Decentralized Exchange (DEX).”
Here are some current facts about the Turtle Network;
- Over 30 independently run nodes support the Turtle Network security across 13 countries worldwide.
- Turtle Network is based on a tech stack called scorex (funded by IOHK).
- Turtle Network is the first successful fork of the Waves platform and supported by a number of key players from inside the Waves ecosystem.
- Approximately 76% of the entire supply of TN is already staked.
- There is a built-in Decentralized Exchange (DEX) inside the Turtle Network wallet able to handle over 100 transactions per second.
- Turtle Network just completed its one millionth transaction.
- ERC-20 gateways are live.
What is Turtle Network’s value proposition?
- Open, transparent, and collaborative discussions and decisions.
- Open developer-friendly environment.
- Gateway Framework allows other network coins or tokens to utilize the Turtle Network, DEX, Telegram tipping bot & access to the strong Turtle Community. The Turtle Network utilizes Gateways for bi-directional token transfer on/off the network, in a quick and seamless manner.
- ICO Due Diligence (IDD) framework to assist ICO holder with Due Diligence and investor with risk management.
- Telegram tipping and instant trade bot.
- We aspire to allow the community to be actively involved in binding decisions through blockchain voting (secure, transparent & fair)
With the main foundation now in place, the Turtle Network is looking to list coins/tokens from other platforms.
So, what additional reasons are there for you list your coin/token on Turtle Network?
- Coin/token Gateway listing is inexpensive and includes self-managed options. There is a promotion running at the moment.
- Listing a coin on Turtle Network helps support a grassroots project that has great tech and is not some blood-sucking for-profit corporation.
- The Turtle Network telegram community is very tightly-knit has over 1,500 cryptocurrency enthusiasts, many of which are welcoming new projects with open arms and helping create exposure to those projects.
- Every listed project gets access to the telegram tipping bot which allows people to easily tip and trade a coin/token from within telegram without having to go through technical setup of making a wallet.
- Tip bot allows people to tip your coin/token. This gives you an opportunity to really spread the circulation of your token via community.
- Trade bot allows people to buy and sell your coin/token without having to even leave the comfort and safety of telegram.
Social Media Links;